[D-arc] Bridging the Gap seminar in Nhulunbuy and Darwin plus Online Training

Richard Trudgen richard.trudgen at whywarriors.com.au
Mon Jul 15 09:05:54 EDT 2013

Why Warriors<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Training Update: July 2013

Dear  Friends of Why Warriors,

It’s been over 4 years since we held a ‘Bridging the Gap’ seminar in Nhulunbuy. A lot people have been asking me for one so have set the date for the 9th and 10th September 2013. We know that many people in our local area have been waiting patiently plus it’s is also a great chance to come and visit Arnhem Land.

Other dates for on-line training and Darwin’ Bridging the Gap’ seminars in 2013/2014 are listed below.

Bridging the Gap is “much more in-depth than the old ‘cross-cultural awareness’ programs from the old days.” (BTG participant 2011).

Nhulunbuy ‘Bridging the Gap’’ seminar: Working with Yolŋu in Arnhem Land

Whereas our seminars held in Darwin are tailored for people who work with Yolŋu and other Aboriginal people right across the nation the Nhulunbuy seminar will focus more on the information and skills needed to understand Yolŋu culture and people.

So the 2 day cross-cultural experience will explore many aspects of Yolŋu culture, including kinship and traditional Law.

Plus, as in our Darwin seminars, we will cover international community development theory, human dynamics, empowerment processes and provide the communication and cross- cultural skills essential for working successfully with Yolŋu communities.

We also discuss a model that works, developed with the Yolŋu people in Arnhem Land; a model that allows the people to build their future around health, economics, law and governance, and social issues.

This training is a rare opportunity to get all your questions answered by Richard Trudgen, Witiyana Marika and Biritjalawuy Gondarra in depth and learn more about Yolŋu culture than most people ever learn in a life-time.

For more background on all the facilitators see:
http://www.cvent.com/events/2-day-bridging-the-gap-seminar-nhulunbuy-september-2013/custom-17-efef2901ab57406d972540fc045241bd.aspx

Training dates for 2013

Bridging the Gap:                                      Nhulunbuy:             September 9/10, 2013

http://www.cvent.com/events/2-day-bridging-the-gap-seminar-nhulunbuy-september-2013/event-summary-efef2901ab57406d972540fc045241bd.aspx

Bridging the Gap:                                     Darwin:         October 8/9, 2013

http://www.cvent.com/events/2-day-bridging-the-gap-seminar-darwin-october-2013/event-summary-5a2dc1e2408f4de2a21d8503d8ab7747.aspx

Intro to cross-cultural awareness:      Online Training:     November 5/6 2013
http://www.whywarriors.com.au/online-ws/index.php

Also announcing 2014 ‘Bridging the Gap’ dates!

Please put these dates in your diary and start to spread the word. More details regarding registration will be announced shortly.

Bridging the Gap:              Darwin:         29/30 April 2014
Bridging the Gap:              Darwin:         14/15 October 2014

Is ‘Bridging the Gap’ suitable for me?

The seminar is aimed at teaching a bicultural mind and skill set, and participants say it has changed their thinking, answered questions they carried for many years and given them lots of new ideas and equipped them to work in a more productive way with their local Aboriginal community.

‘Bridging the Gap’ training is suitable for those who work on the ground with Indigenous communities, support staff and for those who are involved in policy and programming. Or if you just have a lot of why???? questions.

“This is especially significant being presented by such well established, experienced, and active contributors to the Yolngu community - this seminar needs to be presented compulsorily to each non-Indigenous person who works with Indigenous people.”
Rural Health Practitioner: Darwin 2010

More Information and Registration

If you are interested in attending the Nhulunbuy seminar, please feel free to contact us for information on travel and accommodation in the area.

For information on all Why Warriors training, including our online training workshops, visit

http://www.whywarriors.com.au/seminars/index.php

or call 1300 501 795
For regular updates and opportunities to help us with our on-the-ground work:  Find us on <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />Facebook
I look forward to seeing you soon.
Thanks
Richard Trudgen
Why Warriors Pty Ltd
P : 1300 501 795 | F : 08 8918 8175
seminars at whywarriors.com.au | www.whywarriors.com.au

This message was sent from Why Warriors Pty Ltd PO Box 146 Nhulunbuy NT 0880 AU. Click here to report email abuse.